Despite the recent increase in infections in the UK we are still working as per the guidelines handed down from both government and our governing body the CSP
If a face to face consultation is deemed necessary, then we want to reassure patients that we have implemented all government advice to reduce the risk of cross infection. Below is a list of precautions implemented.
PPE: All physiotherapists will use type IIR Face masks as well visors, disposable gloves and aprons. All reception staff will wear IIR face masks.
Hygiene: Washing facilities and hand sanitiser will be provide for all patients and staff including paper towels to dry hands and disposed of in a sealed bin.
All treatment areas and communal areas will be cleaned and wiped down using antibacterial wipes/spray between each patient contact.
Social distancing: 2m ruling will apply through the clinic and as much as possible during your treatment session
Facility: The clinic has been adapted in several ways. There will be reduced capacity in the waiting area as well as a one-way system in place where possible so you may be asked to leave the building via a separate exit.
All treatment rooms will be ventilated and the use of techniques involving forced expiration or aerosol generating procedures will not be used at this time to avoid droplet release unless treatment rooms can be rotated.
Staggered appointment times to adhere to social distancing.
What we expect of you:
- If a face to face consultation is deemed necessary, then we would ask that you wear a face covering or a mask as per the government guidelines.
- We expect you to wash your hands or sanitise them on entering and leaving the clinic.
- You will be required to have your temperature recorded by an infrared gun performed at reception to determine whether you can stay on the premises and receive a face to face consultation. We will be asking for your consent to do this.
- We will be asking you not to enter the building more than 5 minutes before your appointment and to come alone unless you require assistance. Please can you leave the building promptly at the end of your appointment.
- If you do develop any new Covid-19 Symptoms I.e. a temperature or new cough in the 14 days after your visit, please can you inform us.
All the above measures that have been implemented are in place to provide an environment for the staff to work in and for you to visit that minimises risk to us all. If any areas are not complied with, we will not be able to provide the care you may require so if for any reason you are unable to comply please inform us when you are triaged prior to attending the clinic.